Kingsbarns Golf Links
Golf has been enjoyed over the links land of Kingsbarns beginning in 1793. Attired in their blue coats, the Kingsbarns men met for their Spring and Autumn Meetings to challenge for the Societies medals on the links and to enjoy the conviviality of friends over dinner in the Golfers Hall.
The Society continued to wager, wine and dine for decades until the Cambo Estate tenant farmer ploughed up the Links in 1850 in order to add to his farmable area. Farm land in that period was more valuable than land set aside for golf.